Sunday, February 03, 2013

Sometimes I feel I've got to run away.

John Simm is Bernard Sumner

Many thanks to whomever:
  1. Plowed my walk.
  2. Plowed the sidwealk on the north side of Mayfield Road -- the entire thing!
Some might say that going for a run in deep snow shows signs of brain damage. So, in honor of Super Bowl Sunday, I go running.

Truth the told, while the Super Bowl is, uh ... happening, I will be in rehearsal. Every year or so Lisa schedules a rehearsal on this particular evening, and then apologizes for having forgotten what day it is. Her obeisance is entirely unnecessary, it is a relief to be free of this bizarre American ritual.

I have tried to "watch" football. I can't. I have tried to play football. Members of my immediate family criticize the fact that I enjoy playing Monopoly. Well, believe me, Monopoly must be the football of board games, long, boring, and easy to wander away from at the first available distraction.

Damn, I don't even find the commercials amusing anymore.

Temperature: 19°
Climate: Fluffy snow and slush
Distance: 5.15 miles

1981 Playlist
Clubland - Elvis Costello & the Attractions
Kids In America (160 bpm) - Kim Wilde
Sat In Your Lap - Kate Bush
Just Cant Get Enough - Depeche Mode
Behind The Lines - Phil Collins
Everything's Gone Green - New Order
Late Bare - Duran Duran
Sausolito Summernight - Diesel
Games People Play - Alan Parsons Project
Tainted Love - Soft Cell
A Forest (161 bpm) - The Cure
TV Party (178 bpm) - Black Flag
Working In A Coal Mine - Devo

Games People Play -- the first pop song about end-of-life issues, Alzheimer's and mutual euthanasia. Beat Fastball's The Way by almost eighteen years.

"People need to know what a great band you were."

No comments: