Sunday, February 24, 2013

I tried to run, but I didn't get far.


Okay. So I was thinking of taking a break, to ease the constant strain in my right leg. And unintentionally so, that break was ten days. Maybe not very long, but that's all you get. I went for an easy, brisk three-miler yesterday, and my Achilles tendon hurts again. And yes, now I will state the pain in definitely in my Achilles tendon. Time for some Achilles tendon exercises.

Temperature: 28°
Climate: snowflakes!
Distance: 3.25 miles

We had a late night, the family going to see a show at the Hanna. Kids in bed with a few pages of Fellowship by 11:30, I did the wii while the wife read playscripts. The order was to leave her alone until she woke up on her own, she was up at 3 am the night before. I was in bed by 12:30 last night, she much later.

I rose strangely refreshed at 7:30. For an hour or so I leisurely drank coffee, made banana-nut pancakes and sausage, and waited for someone to join me. The boy came down first, so we ate and talked about civil rights. When the girls were up, we all got in bed and discussed plans, and then I left for a run while they had breakfast together.

This afternoon I will perform in a show I wrote in my own local public library. A pack of blessings light upon my back.

1980 Playlist
Space Invaders - Uncle Vic
I'm Ready - Kano
Hungry Heart - Bruce Springsteen
Crosseyed and Painless - Talking Heads
Only A Lad - Oingo Boingo
Can You Feel It - The Jacksons
All Over The World -  Electric Light Orchestra

No comments: