Friday, January 31, 2014

Papa's in the ice box.

Runner feedback prompts the course to head further west

The Rite Aid Cleveland Marathon can suck this runner's cock. Runner feedback may call for trips through sunny Rocky River and Lakewood, but that means false advertising. It should be called the Near West Side of Cleveland Marathon or West Side Suburbs of Cleveland Marathon or We Are Ashamed of Cleveland Marathon.

To think I was considering running the Half Marathon this year, but fuck that.

Yes, I take this personally. Fuck the Fucking Rite Aid Not Fucking Cleveland Fucking Marathon.

Fuck.

Temperature: 34°
Pavement: Depends. Are we on Monticello?
Distance: 3.25 miles
Weight: 175.5 lbs.

Three days in a row I have woken from less than happy slumber with a pain in the back, just below the left shoulder blade. It subsides as the morning moves on (thank you wii fit yoga) but two days in a row is, uh, a pain. Perhaps it stems from the outreach tour, in which there are many, many words. That, and rehearsals until 10 pm. Settling in late does not sit well with rising early.

Of course, maybe it is the complete and utter lack of running.

The cold has been ... dispiriting. I can run in cold weather, I have enjoyed running in cold weather. But every time I have been free and available, every fiber of my being says meh.

What I keep forgetting is how this aerobic exercise stimulates that heating unit in my blood, which perpetuates itself, for days, when properly stoked. Now, I am no longer cold. Not at all. I do not even feel the air around me.

1998 Playlist
One Week (Pull's Break Remix) - Barenaked Ladies
Jump Jive An' Wail - Brian Setzer Orchestra
Body Movin' (Fatboy Slim Remix) - Beastie Boys
Hot Rod Motorcycles - Bobby Wayne
Gettin' Jiggy Wit It - Will Smith
Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life) - Green Day
Sea of Heartbreak - Johnny Cash
Cominagetcha - Propellerheads

Citizens of Monticello Road: Since it last snowed a week ago the Ice Goblins have not come to devour the snow from your sidewalks. So I recommend you get out there and fucking eat it.

No comments: