Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Running in circles, chasing our tales.


NBC: Siberian man runs marathon in minus-36 degrees

Yes, yes. "Polar Vortex". Moving on. The past two days have been disappointing and difficult. Depressing, I have never felt so claustrophobic, working as hard as I could to remain cheery and helpful, feeling the temperature drop and drop while my children laze about, at home from school while I am at home from work ... trying to concentrate on that work I could do from home, without thinking of the cold, and failing.

We have returned to double-digit temperatures. A celebration is in order. Run we must.

Temperature: 21°
Pavement: patchy, snowy, icy & wet
Distance: 3.25 miles
Weight: 177.5 lbs.

There is an overlooked pocket in my year-old fleece with which I can easily access my iPod with having to entirely remove my jacket. Progress!

2003 Playlist
In The Winelight * - Kurt Elling
Angels In America (Main Theme) - Thomas Newman
Mainframe - Kaada
The Scientist - Coldplay
House Party Time - Dan Zanes & Friends
Toxic - Britney Spears
The Sound of Settling - Death Cab for Cutie
Expo '86 - Death Cab for Cutie
The Way You Move - OutKast ft. Sleepy Brown

...and we're back. WOW. My head is clearer, my body warmer. I am a new human being. Thank you.

No comments: