Saturday, January 11, 2014

Without this beat my life would fall apart.


What is up with my foot? Since Christmas, I have had pain in my right foot, in the vicinity of the medial cuneform and the navicular. My feet arch so high, in such a lovely way, that sometimes tying certain shoes can be painful if they are tied at all tightly. I had one pair of dress shoes which I just left untied because it aggravated my right foot.

I am thinking it is the boots, which I began wearing on a daily basis, starting around then. These are not new boots, but it is a new pain, in a new place. I have been worried that this is part of my interior metatarsal bending, and that perhaps it is causing stress where the toe begins.

This pain is not just to the touch, like a bruise (and there is no sign of bruising) but has an effect the way I walk, certainly how I run, even how I stand. Performing yoga poses, any in which I require standing on my right foot, I feel this pain by putting weight down on my leg.

However, now my ankle also hurts. I'm thinking it's the boots.

Temperature: 46°
Climate: Breezy ... when not horridly windy.
Distance: 3.25 miles
Weight: 175.5 lbs.

Ecch. Glad to get out now that we have emerged from the deep freeze. However, wind whips down Monticello, when it's windy, and it was unrelenting and horrible for my first mile. I was wearing a hanky, nothing to cover my ears, and though turning onto Lee was a great relief, my ears were aching and still do, a bit.

But, man. How good it feels to feel my feet on the pavement, and not a blanket of snow or ice. I feel truly aerobicized.

My brain has also thawed, from torpid, frozen sludge, uninspired and dire to actively frantic. This week has seen two plays running from pen onto paper into First Draft, and the news that I Hate This has been posted on Indie Theater Now. Today I met with a cabal of artists working a salon performance (more on that to come) and my wife and I are having an actual date night, with dinner at Rockefeller's followed by a movie at the Cedar-Lee.

Forward.

1983 Playlist
She's a Beauty - The Tubes
Think Too Much - Paul Simon
Maniac - Michael Sembello
Sex (I'm A...) - Berlin
Trommeltanz (Din Daa Daa) - George Kranz
A Ray of Sunshine - Wham!
The Invisible Man - Elvis Costello & The Attractions

No comments: