Monday, December 28, 2015

In the road before us stood a weary grayish man.

Don't be that guy.
Then the rains came, plunging our corner of the world into something a little more like winter, or at least that part of fall when it is rainy and cold. There were a number of wonderful outdoor activities we had planned for the boy (several presents involve geocaching) which had to wait.

The wife and I need to work, too, which is nothing unusual for this time of year She must grade papers, and write, and so do I. The reveling has been low-key this time around, but we've still enjoyed sleeping in. This morning, however, we rose before the kids so sit by the fire and relax and think before ... I'm not sure, what comes after that?

Distance: 3 miles
Avg Pace: 7:57
Route: Hocking River Bike Trail

Solo run today, the wife went off with her sisters to see Sisters. The temperature is twenty-five degrees cooler than yesterday, the wind of a kind which makes my uncovered ears ache. But it felt good. That pain I had reported no longer troubles me.

The kids and I are headed Uptown, the girl wants to do some shopping! The boy will have to deal.

Temperature: 45°
Climate: cool, windy
Mood: all right

What's That Lyric?
How Beautiful You Are - The Cure

No comments: