Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Figures from the past stand tall.

Heights Six Cities Marathon (year?)
My father ran two marathons. Now I realized I do not know when they were.

One was the Heights Six Cities Marathon, which used to run through Cleveland Hts., Shaker Hts., University Hts., South Euclid, Lyndhurst and ... Beachwood?

The other was in Sandusky, mom believes in 1983. I am sure I can find this information in the house, at the moment I am just ashamed I don't already have this information at my fingertips.

This is what we are doing this week. Excavation.

Distance: 3.36 miles
Avg Pace: 7:56
Duration: 26:40
Route: Boulevard Loop

Running through the cold rain. It was glorious. Maybe it sounds unpleasant to you, but properly dressed, and as long as there is no wind, it is actually very nice.

I put on a cotton hoodie, because I wanted to wear my cap to keep the rain out of my eyes, but needed to cover my ears. Running in the cold with ears uncovered I can feel a little deaf for a period.

I need this time. Time to think.  I my writing my eulogy. It is coming together slower than I had thought it might.

Temperature: 37°
Climate: rain
Pavement: wet, puddles
Weight: 162.5 lbs.
Mood: anxious

Was 1979 the greatest year in pop music history? The wife might agree, so might my brother. I should ask him. This playlist is particularly good.

1979 Playlist
Look Back In Anger - David Bowie
Candy-O - The Cars
Life During Wartime - Talking Heads
Dead Souls - Joy Division
Boys Keep Swinging - David Bowie
Pulsing Pulsing - XTC
Hateful - The Clash
Crazy Little Thing Called Love - Queen
Cleveland Rocks - Ian Hunter

Indeed.

No comments: