Wednesday, February 10, 2016

The winter gets cold.

Welcome back, winter. Cold plus snow. Feels like forever since I have moved. Spending long hours in front of the screen, writing and editing materials for the outreach tour.

And Hamilton. Listening to Hamilton. It's true. All of it.

Distance: 3.40 miles
Avg Pace: 8:45
Duration: 29:43
Route: Four times around the block.

Oh God. Oh, my God. That was ... something. It wasn't snowing when I headed out, not really. But it picked up as I went. And the wind, which while not unbearable, numbed my face.

But I kept going. Not two laps, though I though that might be a good time to stop. Not three. A complete circuit of four. And I was a little nervous. Scared of cars which might skid and jump the curb. Of plows going madly up and down short drive. Of anything, everything.

Glad to get out, outside, into the air, to move my body. But it was a little crazy.

Temperature: 19°
Climate: cold with snow showers
Pavement: fluffy

Worked at home today, guy came to install a new fireplace. The old one petered out well over ten years ago. We smelled gas, had the whole thing shut down. Why not? We had very small children, it was an accident waiting to happen. Blocked with a magazine rack since Bush's first term.

Last year the girl said, "Any chance of having a working fireplace, you know, while I still live here?"

Ouch.

Weight: 159.5 lbs.
Mood: not great

Why so anxious? Because I am seriously anxious today. Hmn.  Getting the tour organized? That's nothing new. New script? I guess, it's not really mine. It's Agatha Christie. Mom and Dad were over today. My father has become quite the old man. Slow moving, poor balance, weak voice. Quick to tire. I tucked him into our bed for a nap, that was new.

Yes, yes. I think that's it. Huh. That was a surprise.

Also, the end of Hamilton. That's also upsetting. So there's that, too.

2009 Playlist
Mute (Jokers Of The Scene Remix) - The Brash
Empire State of Mind * - Jay-Z ft. Alicia Keys
Sugar - Flo Rida ft. Wynter
Sea of Heartbreak - Roseanne Cash ft. Bruce Springsteen
The Start of Something - Voxtrox
Lisztomania - Phoenix
I Like You So Much Better When You're Naked * - Ida Maria

No comments: