Thursday, February 25, 2016

Round my heart I felt an aching pain.

Bay Days Five Mile Fun Run (1980?)
From the image at left, based on the bib number, I am almost certain this is the 1980 Bay Days Five Mile Run.

That was my first race. My number was 623, and it is the same type of unlabeled card, same large font.

That is a light cardstock, by the way. Perhaps there were holes punched into it, not sure.

Dad was running the race, and somewhere I got the idea that I would also. I did not do too badly. But he was out in front of me.

Do you see? His feet do not touch the ground.

Distance: 3.25 miles
Route: Forest Hills Loop

Head down into the light snow and wind. A beautiful run around Forest Hills. Brisk pace, great bpms, good music.

Temperature: 34°
Climate: wind and light snow
Pavement: wet
Weight: 163 lbs.
Mood: all right

2013 Playlist
Fare Thee Well (Dink's Song) * - Oscar Isaac & Marcus Mumford
Pumping Blood - NONONO
Everything (155 bpm) - Nine Inch Nails
Harlem - New Politics
San Fransisco - The Mowgli's
Animals - Martin Garrix
Love Somebody - Maroon 5
Royals (170 bpm) - Lorde

No comments: