Sunday, February 21, 2016

Should you have to leave us it'll be all right.

The universe intervenes. Thought things were frustrating last week, with the opening of the outreach tour, cold temps and sidewalks crusted with slippery snow and ice.

That was before I received a phone call from my father's pastor Friday morning that my father had suffered a massive heart attack and that I needed to rush to Lakewood Hospital. It was too late, I found my mother, the pastor and my father - he, dead in the emergency room.

Such a beautiful weekend. High of seventy degrees. Spent almost none of it outdoors. No time to run, no desire to run. You know my father was a runner? Of course you do.

Distance: 3.21 miles
Avg Pace: 7:47
Duration: 25:01
Route: Boulevard Loop

Can't tell you how selfish I felt taking a run. Did anyone see me out there? What must they think. Mostly I felt selfish for feeling good. Not emotionally good, just physically well. In shape. It's been a week, and while my brain cannot cool my body has not had much movement. It felt great last night just to cook dinner for my mother and my brother.

And it was good.

This is going to be a long week. The memorial is on Saturday. Denny and I will go through things, our cousins will all be involved. And we have to keep mom in the game.

Temperature: 45°
Climate: cool
Pavement: dry
Weight: 161.5 lbs.
Mood: as you might expect

Recently, I made note on my other blog that the year 1989 was the greatest year in the history of popular music. This is an argument I would enjoy having with anyone. Go ahead, read the post, in which I highlight only three albums, with the intention of commenting on additional albums in the future.

We shall see if I ever get to that. In the meantime, it is the day for running to the 1989 playlist.

1989 Playlist
Zaar - Peter Gabriel
Garden of Earthly Delights - XTC
Sowing the Seeds of Love - Tears For Fears
Cuts You Up - Peter Murphy
Dreaming I Am - Bob Mould

See? What did I tell you? 1989. Some playlist.

No comments: