Monday, February 01, 2016

Running away will never set you free.

Numb.
Choosing to make a four mile run, I will often head around Lee Road to Cain Park. This is one of the things I love about living in Cleveland Heights, the fact that we have a public park which includes an amphitheater for live musical performances, and locally produced live theater.

Like most great endeavors, the park was conceived of by an educator, Heights High drama coach Dr. Dina Rees Evans. She started a theater company to present works in this park in the early 1930s, their inaugural effort was A Midsummer Night's Dream. 

Education, Shakespeare, Cleveland Heights. That's my life, too.

Last winter the boy was sidelined by an injury and all year (yes, even in deepest summer) how he missed out on sledding last year, at all. He's had the chance to do that twice so far this winter at the sledding hill in Cain Park, which is his favorite and always packed with sledders on snow days and even past sundown.

We shall see if he gets to do any more sledding this year. (sad trombone)

Distance: 4.05 miles
Avg Pace: 7:36
Duration: 30:52
Route: Cain Park Loop

One of the best things about Cain Park - from spring to fall - is the chance for a water break. They put away the water fountains during the winter for obvious reasons. The other great thing is that sledding hill. It makes for a steep incline to get out of the park and onto Taylor Road. Not everyone digs this, but training on it made it possible for me to crush Mile 21 in the Twin Cities last fall.

Temperature: 39°
Climate: cool and bright

Bit distressed a few weeks back to learn I had developed a new cavity. Had that filled today, feel a bit light headed, still can't feel my face. But I want OXYGEN.

Weight: 162 lbs. (-1.5)
Mood: good! woobly!

1984 Playlist
Blue Jean - David Bowie
Doctor! Doctor! - The Thompson Twins
Drive (167 bpm) - The Cars
Let's Go Crazy - Prince & The Revolution
I'm Free (Heaven Helps The Man) (160 bpm) - Kenny Loggins
Dropping Bombs On The White House - The Style Council
Born To Run (160 bpm) - Frankie Goes to Hollywood
Train Running Low on Soul Coal - XTC

That was a totally awesome playlist. No kidding, I was flying. However, I was also afraid I would swallow my tongue. I still cannot feel my tongue.

Sources:
City of Cleveland Heights
Cain Park website

No comments: