Sunday, July 10, 2016

Keeping up.

The boy wanted to take one of those eight mile runs through Uptown, unfortunately that was before I knew bicycles are prohibited in Lake View Cemetery. We could head down Forest Hills Boulevard and through East Cleveland to Uptown, and maybe next time we will.

Distance: 5.15 miles
Avg Pace: 8:30
Duration: 43:49
Route: Boulevard-Noble Loop

Not as hot as last time, but still hot. A lot of gradual inclines and he, himself, took them easily on his bike, keeping my pace much higher than I probably would on my own, in this heat.

Sometimes he will tell me about something he is very interested in, and we will speed up and I will check out as my breathing increases, I have to remember to ask him to slow down a bit so I can breathe and think.

He's much bigger and stronger than when we took these runs together last summer.

Got a kink in my ankle. Ouch.

Temperature: 77°
Climate: bright & hot
Weight: 166 lbs.
Mood: good

After the run, the boy was telling his sister about the route, and about how I let him ride in the side streets, but only if he learned and practiced his hand signals. He's so proud of the things he accomplishes.

No comments: