Wednesday, November 30, 2016

You're better up and running in another direction.

When the air is unseasonably mild and I do not have or take the opportunity to take a run,even a brief one, it can throw me into a depression. Is this what we Americans so inelegantly call Indian Summer (the wife has just informed me the British call it St. Martin's summer) or the result of global climate change, I cannot say.

What I can say is that I ran once over Thanksgiving weekend, which is excusable in so much that we were all pleasantly occupied with family and friends and writing and such. Eight runs in November is the recent average.

Distance: 3.3 mil;es
Avg. Pace: 7:55
Duration: 26:08
Route: Forest Hill Loop

They say there will come steady rain. Today was very nice, and I am feeling strong and motivated. Every day there is a new depression, you can't have an interaction with anyone without the election being part of the conversation ... I guess attending a lecture in which Tony Kushner and Sarah Vowell discuss the legacy of Abraham Lincoln (as we did last night) such a conversation is inevitable.

But we do have solidarity. We weren't defeated, we only lost. But it would be too easy to dismiss, it may not hurt me, or my family, but it will cause damage to so many other lives, and we will never lose sight of that.

Temperature: 55°
Climate: cool and breezy
Weight: 168.5 (+1.0)
Goal: 165 lbs.
Mood: still anxious

Snuck through Thanksgiving weekend just a little heavier, can I tread lightly before all the cookies emerge?

Obama Years (2009-2016)
Compared To What - John Legend & The Roots
All You Need Is Now - Duran Duran
Don't Wanna Fight - Alabama Shakes
Break Your Heart - Taio Cruz ft. Ludacris
Rumour Has It - Adele
Happy Idiot  - TV on the Radio
Hi Friend! - Deadmau5 ft. MC Flipside

No comments: