Sunday, January 01, 2017

Stand back. Let me do my shit.



I made three running resolutions last year, and I kept two. I kept running, and I ran the Cleveland Half Marathon. But I wanted to keep my weight down between 160 and 165, and there I have not been very successful.

Is it important? Yes, it is. Two years ago I was warned about my weight and my blood sugar level. I need to control my diet, continue to eat less sugar. I will keep running, and I will work to control my eating.

Last year I started the year with fifty playlists from 1967-2016, this year I am expanding the lists in each direction, from 1966-2017. And so, ladies and gentlemen, let us begin 52 Playlists for 52 Years.

2016 Playlist
Worship - Lizzo
FloriDada - Animal Collective
My Shot [Rise Up Remix] - ft. Busta Rhymes, Joell Ortiz & Nate Reuss
New Song - Warpaint
HandClap - Fitz & The Tantrums
Heathens - twenty one pilots
Born Again Teen - Lucius

Cooldown:
Subways - The Avalanches

Pleasant day, family, friends, family. Now that the holidays are over, vacation through, it is time to bear down. Reframing scripts, making submissions, making communication, putting the pieces together. Thank yous, gratitude, housework, homework, work work.

Distance: 3.2 miles
Avg. Pace: 8:12
Duration: 26:20
Route: Boulevard Loop
Pavement: dry

Set out later than I had planned, after dark. Can't run through the woods without light. Taking the city streets can be fun, except heading up Lee Road can totally wind me, sometimes. Like tonight. Still, not bad all things considered. Time to pass on desserts, less alcohol, smaller portions.

Yeah? Possible? Can we do this? I think that we can.

Temperature: 32°
Climate: cool
Mood: leaning hard

Baseline: 174 lbs.
Today: 174 lbs.
Goal: 170 lbs.
Ideal: 165 lbs.

No comments: