Sunday, April 02, 2017

Don't let it get you down, good people.

For Christmas, mom got me a gift certificate for Cleveland Running Co. on Lee Road (thanks, Mom) which was very nice. Though I have only been running in the Asics Josh gave me for ten months, I have given them quite a workout, and my feet have been causing me pain of late.

And, hey. Gift certificate.

So Jim fixed me up with a pair of Brooks Neuro 2, and also a new pair of all-weather pants. Good news!

Distance: 3.25 miles
Route: Forest Hill Loop
Pavement: dry
Temperature: 54°
Climate: sunny & cool
Mood: decent

Lordy, if every day could be like today, I would run forever. Too much to do, however, so I kept it short. Bright and cool, with an amazing playlist. Only two more in the 52 Years list, and it is a bit anticlimactic. Worked up a head of steam then petered out in March. For the best, I imagine. And I probably get to complete the 2017 Playlist on another beautiful, spring day.

Baseline: 174 lbs.
Today: 166 lbs. (+2.0)
Goal: 165 lbs.
Ideal: 160 lbs.

Karl goes under the "knife" on Friday, arthroscopic surgery on his knee. He has a torn meniscus, as I had nine years ago and is having a similar procedure. Everything goes as planned, he'll be back on his feet in no time.

That was a difficult time for me, I was turning forty and I had my last run in July 2008. It was very painful, I just kept going even though things never got any better. I was in denial for some time. Since the operation in September 2008, I have run two marathons and basically feel as good as I ever have.

Positive thoughts for Karl!

1997 Playlist
Piku - Chemical Brothers
Good Shit - Cornershop
Come - The Vampyres
Fat Ass Joint - Cujo
Star People '97 - George Michael
Parsec * - Stereolab

No comments: