Monday, April 03, 2017

I can still hear the footsteps.

Elvis stops the show.
Running in new shoes is like running through a brand new world, on new, comfortable surfaces. Yesterday there was still a kink in my right ankle, as before. It was a mental exercise to roll through my foot properly, to not favor one leg over the other, that is how I can cause further damage.

Soon the pain was gone, all was well. The new shoes were doing their work, and all was good. Today, no pain at all.

Distance: 3.25 miles
Route: Forest Hill Loop
Pavement: dry
Temperature: 52°
Climate: overcast & cool
Mood: all right

Unfortunately, last Friday I wore some old leather shoes to work which I believed had been broken in. But, uh, they hadn't been. My heels got all chewed up, there are sore spots there, not yet scabs. However, father left me (which is to say, I took from his closet) a set of shoes stretchers and I am using them to give these nice, virtually new shoes (dress brown Timberlands) a new direction.

Thanks, Dad.

Baseline: 174 lbs.
Today: 164.5 lbs. (-1.5)
Goal: 165 lbs.
Ideal: 160 lbs.

The girl and her cohort are obsessed with Saturday Night Live. They are desperately waiting for next weekend when new episodes resume. I have said a few things about watching the show in the early days, but have resisted sitting her down to watch any, because I don't think she would like them. Few women (only the chosen one and the humiliated one) and one person of color who was sorely miscast. Mostly brash, obnoxious, white, drug-addled men, and that's just a fact.

1977 Playlist
See No Evil - Television
Never Going Back Again - Fleetwood Mac
I Robot - Alan Parson Project
Warsaw * - Joy Division
Commando - The Ramones
Tie Your Mother Down - Queen
Stayin' Alive - Bee Gees
Less Than Zero - Elvis Costello

2017: The year Television broke. I have known about this band for decades. Why have I never listened to them?

No comments: