Tuesday, January 29, 2019

My footsteps made me crazy.

Thank you, Pete Shelley.
Can we run? Run in the subzero temperatures? I am grateful for the rec center membership, I have come to terms with the gym. This is what it takes, and I can cope with that. If it means being surrounded by senior walkers, those who remind me of my own limitations, so be it.

I see old people, and I winder ... how much older than I am they? Five years? Ten? Fifteen? That's not very many years. How soon will I be shuffling, bent over and slow? It would appear to be soon.

Or I'm full of shit.

Distance: 3 miles
Route: Rec Center
Mood: good, actually
Exercises: yes!

Weather has gone crazy. It rained yesterday, then the temperatures dropped and there is ice -- everywhere. It's pretty dangerous. Today temps are supposed to go down considerably, my friends are all freaking out. Does that help?

Baseline: 179.5 lbs.
Today: 179.5 lbs. (+1.0)
Goal: 175 lbs.

And we're back.

1983 Playlist
Telephone Operator - Pete Shelley
Wonderin' - Neil Young & the Shocking Pinks
Young Guns (Go For It!) - Wham!
Safety Dance - Men Without Hats
Cool Places - Sparks
Taxman - Stevie Ray Vaughn & Double Trouble
New York New York - Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five
Prove My Love - Violent Femmes
Don't Change - INXS

This mile, two machines, mile, two machines, mile and out regimen is working out very well. Increasing strength and duration. Keep going! Going into the deep freeze!

Visit my Team Challenge Crohn's & Colitis page and support my bid for the Chicago Marathon!

No comments: