Sunday, January 13, 2019

You had better not go too far.

Running the track at the gym means, of course, hard wood floors. I was feeling this in my back and hiner, in my knees and ankles. And yet, working on machines was very useful.

Keeping up with the regimen was challenging this week. Now there is new-fallen snow on the ground, and a date with Fornadel to run in the park.

Distance: 4.3 miles
Pace: 10:13
Route: Forest Hill Loop
Temperature: 27°
Climate: cold, but so sunny!
Mood: all right

Keeping your kit organized. The struggle is real. Trying to meet up with Chris, can't find my hat or gloves. Used a cowl and the summer running hat. What a clever monkey I am.

Baseline: 179.5 lbs.
Today: 176 lbs. (-2.0)
Goal: 175 lbs.

A rather long run, for me, at this time. Met Chris at the park, ran around the park, said our goodbyes and headed home. Having a partner to run with does help push through those moments it occurs to you to stop and walk.

Returning home, my knees are singing. Not my back, just my knees. There is a (maybe) one inch layer o snow on the ground, just enough not to be a nuisance, but enough to make the going slippery, more arduous. Were we going a ten minute mile? Was it because every step we lost a fraction of an inch through sliding? No idea. We have have been helping each other go slower, which is helpful for both of us at this stage.

1978 Playlist
Who Are You - The Who
Shadow Dancing - Andy Gibb
Last Dance - Donna Summer
Crawling to the USA - Elvis Costello & The Attraction
Lip Service - Elvis Costello & The Attractions
Le Freak - Chic
Love The Nightlife (Disco 'Round) - Alicia Bridges

No one loses two pounds after heading to MELT the night before. Doesn't happen, don't believe it.

Also, I totally don't have cancer.

Visit my Team Challenge Crohn's & Colitis page and support my bid for the Chicago Marathon!

No comments: