Saturday, January 19, 2019

Everybody trying to run (and hide.)

The man called. Thank you. We must run before the storm.

Distance: 4.75 miles
Pace: 9:46
Route: Forest Hill Loop
Temperature: 26°
Climate: overcast, storm coming in
Pavement: patchy ice, dusted with snow
Mood: all right, but for the raccoon

Found a raccoon on the side porch this morning. Looks like it was injured, and crawled up to get out of the elements. Lying in a pool of what looks like blood. Happy Saturday, everyone.

Baseline: 179.5 lbs.
Today: 177.5 lbs. (-0.5)
Goal: 175 lbs.

Fornadel is diligent, and I thank him. I have not run in days, and just thinking about the impending snowstorm (if there is a snowstorm) made me not even want to think about running. So he did the thinking for me.

My joint bother me in the cold. Thursday night, my knee started hurt, just out of the blue. Yesterday it was the sciatica. God, I sound like an old man. Anyway, ibuprofen is a wonderful thing. So is beer.

Good run, though. Not much wind, kept my head up.

2013 Playlist
Dangerous - Big Data
Little Numbers - Boy
Hurricane - Charles Bradley ft. Menahan Street Band
The Mother We Share - CHVRCHES
Déjà Vu  - Coco Jones
Get Lucky - Daft Punk ft. Pharrell Williams
Turn Down For What - DJ Snake & Lil John

Visit my Team Challenge Crohn's & Colitis page and support my bid for the Chicago Marathon!

No comments: