Thursday, January 31, 2019

Keep on trucking.

Relaxing into the deep freeze. Yesterday it plunged to about four or five below, not further than that -- but OH! The wind chill.

I have no idea, actually, I went out side for about ninety seconds, total, and for the best of reasons. To have cocktails at Quinatna's Speakeasy (four dollar Old Fashioneds, a one-day, Polar Vortex special!) and the to get Chinese food because that's what the girl wanted for her sixteenth birthday dinner.

Sixteen years. Oh my. It took me a long time to realize the more they age, the more I do. But things are good. Feeling good. Life is good. Right? Isn't it? Even when nature is out there, waiting to rip your face off?

Distance: 3 miles
Route: Rec Center
Mood: all right
Exercises: yes!

Oops. Forgot to eat anything.

Baseline: 179.5 lbs.
Today: 181.5 lbs. (+2.0)
Goal: 175 lbs.

Oh! Jesus!

1973 Playlist
Living For the City - Stevie Wonder
Live and Let Die - Paul McCartney & Wings
Skokian - Hot Butter
Keep On Truckin' (Part One) - Eddie Kendricks
Polk Salad Annie (Live) - Elvis Presley
Jungle Boogie  - Kool & the Gang
5.15 - The Who
Cindy Incidentally - The Faces

Visit my Team Challenge Crohn's & Colitis page and support my bid for the Chicago Marathon!

No comments: