Thursday, May 19, 2022

Active with the activists.

Wet weather kept me off the street, which is good as I needed an enforced break. This morning the skies have cleared and it is time to get out there again.

Toni has noticed that I sigh a lot. Is it emtional? Is it physical I do not know. I have a slight pain in my chest and I do not know what it is. It does not cause me distress but I'm like, who knows? Every time I go to the doctor he's been like, you're fine. Your heart is fine.

But one day it won't be. I am going to have a heart attack, eventually. I mean, that is what is going to eventually kill me, I am sure of it. The only thing to postpone that fact is running.

Then I can die of cancer like everyone else.

Distance: 4 miles
Duration: 40:11
Pace: 10:01
Route: Forest Hill Loop
Temperature: 62°
Climate: sunny & cool
Mood: good?
Stretches: yes
Weight: 188.5 lbs. (-1.5)

I have been keeping to meal time eating only. No snacks, no cheese and crackers, no handfuls or almonds. And yet, the meals have been extravagant -- pizza, and last night, a steakhouse. But I just got a new pair of pants from Stich Fix which would fit so much better if I were just five pounds lighter. It's an inspiration.  

Intake
Breakfast: coffee (2x)
Lunch: mac & cheese & bacon
Tea time: tea, banana
Happy Hour: Bourbon Barrel Ale
Dinner: leftover pizza (2x)
Cocktail Hour: Old fashioned

1988 Playlist
Beat of Love - Voice of the Beehive
Straight Outta Compton - N.W.A.
Fast Car - Tracy Chapman
She Drives Me Crazy - Fine Young Cannibals
Under the Milky Way - The Church
Alphabet St. - Prince
Waiting For the Great Leap Forward - Billy Bragg
Birth, School, Work, Death - The Godfathers
Baby Don't Forget My Numer - Milli Vanilli
You Got It (The Right Stuff) - New Kids On the Block

The real lesson of Milli Vanilli is that a few white people made millions and two people of color had their lives ruined.

No comments: