Monday, May 16, 2022

The nature of my game.

Since the semester concluded, I have fallen into a post-project malaise. It's not like I don't have a lot to do at the moment, but I lack the endorphin-generating pressure of reading and writing for a grade and the approval of my professors.

Last week I was able to focus my energies on staining the deck, but that is complete and today it is rainy and cool, which is contributing to my mood.

BUT, now that classes are over, I am going to try to see a movie at the Cedar-Lee theater every Monday evening.

Distance: 3.25 miles
Duration: 31:42
Pace: 9:45
Route: Forest Hill Loop
Temperature: 61°
Climate: sunny & warm
Mood: good?
Stretches: yes, but not enough

Oh, boy! Three fast, hot runs in three days! And now my shins are sore and my back aches a little. Maybe take tomorrow off? Maybe? Maybe not?

Intake
Breakfast: empanadas (1 sweet, 1 savory), coffee (2x)
Lunch: sunbutter & jelly on cranberry bagel
Dinner: popcorn, beer
Cocktail hour: Old fashioned
Also; fizzy water (2x)

1968 Playlist
Licking Stick - James Brown
Grazing In the Grass - Hugh Masekela
Sympathy for the Devil - The Rolling Stones
Astral Weeks* - Van Morrison
Say It Loud (I'm Black and Proud) - James Brown
Judy In Disguise (With Glasses)* - John Fred & His Playboy Band
Born to Be Wild - Steppenwolf
Classical Gas* - Mason Williams
Mony Mony - Tommy James & the Shondells

No comments: