Wednesday, March 08, 2023

That's all there is.

Woof. Running every day is taking a toll. Calf muscles are sore. Worried I might get taken out by shin splints. Warm weather would help. Spent last night with a bandage on my leg. But these days are cold, will be cold. And I need to press through that.

Part of this is keeping my kits clean and accessible. And making sure this blog is something I prepare in advance. If I do not prepare in advance for a run, getting out onto the street can take forever, and that brings down my mood.

Like right now.

Distance: 2.25 miles
Duration: 23:51
Pace: 10:34
Route: Horizon Loop (clockwise)
Temperature: 32°
Climate: dry
Pavement: sunny, windy & cold
Mood: tired & sore
 
1990 Playlist
Raspberry Beret - Hindu Love Gods
World In My Eyes (Cicada Mix) - Depeche Mode
Vogue - Madonna
Hippychick - Soho
Ring of Fire - Social Distortion
The Sinister Minister - Bela Fleck & the Flecktones

What was 1990? Earth Day! Live-in girlfriend. Twin Peaks. Played Seymour in Little Shop. Fell in love with the person who would eventually become my life partner. Yep.
 
Stretches: yes
Abdominals: 90 sec.
Water: yes

Breakfast: coffee w/oatmilk cream, pineberries & bananas w/granola & strawberry yogurt
Coffee Break: latte w/oatmilk 
Lunch: spinach pie, baba w/pita
Happy Hour: Tea w/oatmilk cream, Fresca
Dinner: big salad w/feta, pistachios & buttered bread

Baseline: 195 lbs.
Current: 189.5 lbs. (+2.0)
Goal: 185 lbs.

See, that's a reality check. The scale is not strictly accurate. Taking a daily read on my weight is barometer, to be sure. But what is actually going on? I believe there must be foodstuff (excuse me for getting gross) sitting in my system at all times. The level of food needs to decrease, and I am working on that. And that it's food and not non-food. Fat from chocolate, or processed and fried potato and corn. I am trying to purge myself of these things while instead consuming good things.

I didn't really eat much yesterday. The day before, however. Anyway. I was going to take a break from running today, but decided against it. Maybe tomorrow, though! Delayed gratification. And when I take a break, I want to spend it well.

No comments: