Sunday, March 05, 2023

There's nowhere to run.

Don't think about the pandemic.
Seriously, though! No alcohol on the weekends! That's weird! Saturday night it was like, 5 PM and I am thinking, beer? I'm passing the beer fridge -- which I was emptying over the course of the month of February -- and I'm like, there's beer in there! That would be good right now.

Anyway, no. Tea is good, too. But it sure makes the evening last longer. We went to bed at 9:30 like a couple of old people.

Distance: 3.1 miles
Duration: 31:59
Pace: 10:19
Route: Forest Hill Loop
Temperature: 41°
Climate: sunny & cool
Pavement: dry
Mood: all right

Remember to wear gloves when it is below 40°. You can always take them off. But glory be! What a beautiful day.

2020 Playlist
Blue Monday - Sebastian Böhm
Heart of Glass (Live) - Miley Cyrus
We Go On - The Avalanches ft. Cola Boyy, Mick Jones & Karen Carpenter
Levitating - Dupa Lipa
Straight To the Morning - Hot Chip ft. Jarvis Cocker
TCR - Sleaford Mods (152 bpm)
Interstellar Love - The Avalanches ft. Leon Bridges
Dynamite - BTS
Crossbow - Tamar Aphek
 
Two covers and two samples from my youth. I am getting old.

What was 2020? Jesus. What wasn't 2020? My mother died, then we had a pandemic. The summer uprising, the near total descent into Fascism -- still could happen, no worries. Our eldest had their senior year canceled, and I started grad school.
 
Stretches: yes
Abdominals: 90 sec.
Water: yes

Breakfast: coffee w/almond cream, homemade bread w/butter & sunbutter
Lunch: parmesan pasta w/roasted root vegetables
Dinner: vegan ramen & salad ... and half a vegan fruit tart
Happy Hour: Cherry Kool-Aid

Baseline: 195 lbs.
Current: 189 lbs. (-2.5)
New Goal: 185 lbs.

Here's the thing. Recently I learned that Ewan McGregor, who was already decently fit in 1995 (and only 24 years old) achieved his heroin user weight for the movie Trainspotting by giving up beer. He claims the pounds melted away.

 I drink a beer every day, or most days. At least one. So, for five days I have not consumed beer nor any alcohol, and lost six pounds immediately. This will not continue, the rapid weight loss, I mean. But we are on our way.

No comments: