Saturday, March 25, 2023

I keep a-running when the trouble follows.

Being demoralized makes me sleepy. Like, literally. when I am depressed, I just want to lie down. That was me on Friday. I did take a nap (I have really been avoiding naps) it didn't help, and then I just wanted another one a couple hours later. Luckily, we had dinner plans.

Distance: 3.1 miles
Duration: 31:20
Pace: 10:05
Route: Forest Hill Loop
Temperature: 61°
Climate: it's complicated (see below)
Pavement: wet
Mood: driven

Slept in too late, again. The wife says, why not, but I know why. My head hurts. Sleeping in makes my head hurt, full stop. But I did manage to do some writing which was nice.

We're the the home stretch for March Mildness, and I am anxious about what comes next. Will I just lose my resolve? Gain the weight back? Go back to scarfing down treats and swilling booze? Abstinence is easier for me than moderation. 
 
2017 Playlist
Always Ascending - Franz Ferdinand
Plimsoll Punks - Alvvways
Want You Back - Haim
River - Bishop Briggs
IDGAF - Dua Lipa
Lucky Penny  - JD McPherson
I Give You Power - Mavis Staples ft. Arcade Fire
Across the Room - ODESZA ft. Leon Bridges (164 bpm)
 
Thought I missed my window of opportunity. Forecast said sixty degrees all week, by the time I got out the sun had gone and it was very windy, dark and thunderous. I went anyway. Running into the wind was a bear, but not unbearable.

As I was entering the woods, I could see a break in the clouds approaching, and by the time I emerged it was sunny again! It was beautiful, and totally worth it. I am much stronger! Stronger than I have been in years!

Also, I was depressed -- but now I feel much better.
 
Stretches: yes
Abdominals: 90 sec. (2x)
Water: yes

Breakfast: coffee w/oatmilk, pasta salad w/tuna (1 C.)
Pre-Run Snack: banana
Lunch: pizza, ranch, salad
Snack: clementine
Happy Hour: OJ on ice
Dinner: pasta w/mushroom & meat sauce, spinach soufflé

Baseline: 195 lbs.
Current: 183 lbs. (-0.5)
Goal: 180 lbs.

No comments: