Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Keeping versed and on my feet.

Now it's winter. There is a blanket of snow on the ground, which has been rare this year. I stay close to home, running around the block, because going further makes me feel "far from home." Like, if I start feeling cold or tired or just beaten down by the weather, I know I can get back home easily.

Fourteen days. Two weeks in. Feeling good, right? Not feeling bad, anyway.

Distance: 3.25 miles
Duration: 34:37
Pace: 10:39
Route: four times around the block
Temperature: 25°
Climate: cold
Pavement: an inch or so of snow
Mood: determined

I planned to run around the block one time. It was cold, there was snow. But one time around, it just didn't feel like enough. Having said, that I hope I don't regret this. My shins are already singing. Snow is slippery.

1999 Playlist
La Nouba - Cirque du Soleil
Temperamental - Everything But the Girl
Accepting Applications at University - Lily
Thong Song - Sisqo
Maria - Blondie *
Steal My Sunshine - Len
Bruce Lee - Underworld
Blue (Da Ba Dee) - Eiffel 65 ft. Gabry Ponte

What was 1999? Directed Hamlet. Got married. Visited Alaska. Feared the future. Dug those tunes.
 
Stretches: yes
Abdominals: 90 sec. (2x)
Water: yes

Breakfast: coffee w/oat cream, bagel w/lox, cream cheese & red onion
Lunch: strawberry yogurt w/fresh strawberries, banana, granola & honey
Cocktail Hour: raspberry fizzy water 
Dinner: spaghetti w/marinara & parmesan, buttered con, buttered bread

Baseline: 195 lbs.
Current: 188 lbs. (-0.5)
Goal: 185 lbs.

No comments: