The past two days ... the past four days, five days ... it has been a lot. Tuesday afternoon I received an alert that my train had been cancelled, and trying to get onto the Lake Shore Limited was impossible to accomplish online. I was in an automated call string while they were driving us back from seeing their girlfriend, and Ze said, "Get out of it, say, 'Talk to a representative.'"
They were right. And I did. Thirty minutes later (and back at their apartment) I did speak to a human. They said the only available seat was an accessible bedroom, which I could have for the same price, would that be okay?
Oh, uh, yes. Thank you. That would be wonderful, actually.
Later, on board, the porter told me that unfortunately, due to the weather, we would be delayed several hours before reaching Cleveland. So, in stead of having a poor night's sleep, worrying that I might miss our 5:30 am arrival, I slept deeply until seven am and still had time for breakfast, coffee and reading.
I feel bad about the flooding and the disasters, but I made out like a bandit.
Distance: 3.1 miles
Duration: 28:55Pace: 9:19
I had already called off work, I was expecting to go back to bed. Instead, I did housework. All day. I couldn't stop. Washing, mopping, sweeping, throwing out things, looking after cats, shopping, preparing for some weekend house improvements.
I am afraid of stopping. I can't relax. I'm not doing this well.
Route: Forest Hill Loop
Temperature: 68°
Climate: overcast & humid
Mood: still moving
Route: Forest Hill Loop
Temperature: 68°
Climate: overcast & humid
Mood: still moving
Songs For My Funeral
Cigarettes & Chocolate Milk (Remix) - Rufus Wainwright
Tomorrow Never Knows - The Beatles
Hey Jealousy - Gin Blossoms
Such Great Heights - Iron & Wine
Under Pressure - David Bowie & Queen
1979 - Smashing Pumpkins
One More Time - Daft Punk
Stretches: yes
Water: yes
Weight: 170 lbs. (+1.0)
Stretches: yes
Water: yes
Weight: 170 lbs. (+1.0)
And yet, we self-medicate to sleep. Right off the bat.
Time to get back to work.
Planks: TBA
Push-ups: TBA
Sit-Ups: yes
Planks: TBA
Push-ups: TBA

No comments:
Post a Comment