Friday, August 07, 2026

Thank you for holding me.

August begins in earnest. I am currently alone. And yet, I am booked. It has me a little freaked out, honestly. But maybe it is a good thing. I have plans, I have so many plans. I am also adrift, I don't know what to think, or how.

I need more sleep. Even more sleep. There is never enough sleep.

And I will continue to run.

Distance: 3.1 miles
Duration: 29:50
Pace: 9:37

Songs For My Funeral
Thank You For Hearing Me - Shuhada' Sadaqat
Love Is Stronger Than Death - The The
Put Your Records On - Corrine Bailey Rae
The Things We Do For Love - 10cc
Baker Street - Gerry Rafferty
Cue Fanfare - Prefab Sprout
September - Earth, Wind & Fire

Route: Forest Hill Loop
Temperature: 76° 
Climate: sunny & hot
Mood: better

Spent several hours last night with a good friend, sweating it out on the side porch. I put out the main bulb, so it was all pepper lights and candles, and as our talk continued, the sun went down and our cups refilled, her face began to change. It's always so incredible when that happens. It was a very good night.

I do have friends. Sometimes I know where to look to find them.

Stretches: yes
Water: yes
Weight: 169 lbs. (-1.0)

Planks: TBA
Push-ups: TBA
Sit-Ups: TBA

Got to get on this.

No comments: