Tuesday, July 17, 2007

All I see anymore is history

Distance: 5.7 miles
Weight: 164 lbs.
Stretches: yes
Drink: Gatorade
Snack: PowerBar Triple Threat
Time: 6.20 am
Temperature: 70º
Weather: cool and overcast

Sunday I was sketching L. and she mentioned she was trying to get fit and I said, "Ooh! Would you run with me?" Just blurted it out, like an excited kid. She's been doing treadmill but it wasn't hard to talk her into it. Well, not the running. I think the 6.30 in the morning thing was a little more difficult to swallow.

No headphones, just talking. I haven't run with a partner since since running once with K. - when the hell was that, dude? Two years ago? Anyway, she was concerned about my having to slow down to accomodate, which of course I did, but that was a good thing. I think most of my injuries (shin splints, hamstrings, pulled toe muscles) are a result of just going too fast.

I mapped a three mile route from her place, through Cain Park and around again. Cain Park is gaining the reputation Central Park had in the 70s, but I thought it would be safe at 7 in the morning.

She asked how I started running ... and I told her. About 1980, 1988, 1991, 1994 ... next time I will be sure to let her say something.

No comments: