Tuesday, July 03, 2007

It's my time

Distance: 3.25 miles
Weight: 165 lbs.
Stretches: yes
Drink: Gatorade
Snack: NutriGrain Bar
Time: 6 am
Weather: 63º
Weather: cool, man

Playlist:
Drive: N*ke+ Original Run - The Crystal Method

Started feeling strain in my shins partway through. Stopped, stretched, continued. Good man.

My wife got back yesterday, time to run in the morning. One year ago around this time we all got back from Vermont, I had just started my training for the marathon at the beginning of July. I tried to psyche myself up by getting some music I could use on my runs, the first time I had shopped for music just for this purpose. July 8 was the first time I used this Crystal Method mix.

The shoes are the same shoes. I need to get new shoes, these are quite worn after a year, and I have begun wearing them for purposes other than running (walking, lounging, potlucking, chasing small children.) God, what great shoes. And I got them on sale!

Tomorrow I intend to do a Fourth five miler. I have no idea what music to listen to. I have never run the Bay 5 Mile with an iPod. Maybe I should do something retro ...

Maybe not.

No comments: