Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Poncho

Distance: 5.7 miles
Weight: 165 lbs.
Stretches: yes
Drink: Gatorade
Snack: Slim Fast Meal Bar
Time: 6.20 am
Temperature: 63º
Weather: cool & rainy

A rainy day run! L. received some proper running gear for her birthday, shirts and shorts, but she didn't get to show them off as she was sporting a huge yellow poncho. She was like a kid on a rainy Halloween night, a day-glo bag obscuring her costume.

We were both terribly winded. Wearing extra gear didn't help either of us very much, she was up late at a party and everyone here is ill, except me, I think. In any case, I could use a good night's sleep and I just never get one. I'm hoping I will have the chance to sleep in a bit tomorrow, when I turn 39.

Thirty-nine. Jesus.

Discussion ranged from Zapatistas to HUAC to the Rosenbergs to the Little Lenin Library. All Commies, all the time.

No comments: