Saturday, July 21, 2007

He Who Lived

Distance: 5.7 miles
Weight: 165.5 lbs.
Stretches: yes
Drink: Gatorade
Snack: Balance Bar
Time: 6.20 am
Temperature: 55º
Weather: quite cool and pleasant

Yes! I have signed up for the Road Runner Akron Half Marathon on Saturday, September 29. Maybe I am deluding myself, but I feel 13 miles is a walk in the park. I need to check out recommended training for such a race, but definitely feel I have time for it. And it gives me a goal.

L. says she's leaving town a week from today. That's a bit of a let-down, I didn't know it was going to be so soon. I've gotten used to going without music, listening to the street on my way to and from her house, and having someone to talk to. Running back today I marveled at how pain-free I have become. My legs, my head, everything feels good.

I was up until midnight last night, waiting in line for that book. I did not sleep very well. And yet, on the homestretch, I did not feel weary nor winded.

No comments: