Thursday, July 19, 2007

Is it ever gonna end?

Distance: 5.7 miles
Weight: 163.5 lbs.
Stretches: yes
Drink: Gatorade
Snack: Balance Bar
Time: 6.20 am
Temperature: 69º
Weather: cool and overcast

The wife is actually trying to compell me to run the Akron Half-Marathon on Sept. 29. Doesn't that just totally rock?

Another 2 point something miles with L. Hope to get her up to 3 in the next run or so. I need to map a different route, this one ends with an incline.

I contacted her after our last run to remind her to drink fluids before a morning run (especially if there has been any caffeine intake) and to be sure to eat something before heading out. And to go to the bathroom. The first time out is fun, the second time can be hard.

Look at me. I'm a coach.

Quite often I work out writing ideas while I jog. (Maybe that's why they call it that.) It is quite a different experience when you are actually talking out ideas - while running - with a writer you respect who validates or critiques certain points of your narrative, now that's really helpful.

On a different note ... In 1980 I started running so I could listen to Cindy talk about boys. It's twenty-seven years later and nothing has changed.

No comments: