Sunday, July 08, 2007

Playing with fire

Distance: 3.5 miles
Weight: 165.5 lbs.
Stretches: yes
Drink: Gatorade
Dinner: baked mac & cheese, freshly shelled peas, white ale w/lemon
Time: 10.30 pm
Temperature: 90º - 86º
Weather: What do you think?

2007 RunMix
Ohh La La - The Ditty Bops
Mass Repeat - Gabriel & Dresden
Dashboard - Modest Mouse
Flathead - The Fratellis
Dust In The Wind - Gabriel & Dresden
The Girls - Calvin Harris
Cooldown: Closer - Gabriel & Dresden

Just couldn't see starting my day with a run this week, so I'd end it with one. Big risk. Last Tuesday, the day before the race, I felt like I pulled my back. Nothing debilitating, just very sore all across the large of my back. Felt the same race day, fine the rest of the day. By the time the evening was over, man was I in pain. And Thursday? Woo. Just wasted. Would have preferred not to have had Wednesday off work.

So. I thought running Bay Village brought me low with complicated memories. The Heights have gotten that way, ackshodry. Can't live anywhere for sixteen years without accumulating a lot of thoughts. I changed my route some time back, the way I was going was filled with pain and anxiety. That's the firehouse, where the guys came from the take my boy to UH with a shattered skull (that's almost a year ago, you know) and over that way? The House of Filth and Lies.

Angst and bitterness, that's me.

Tonight I wore my new white jersey out for the first time. Still almost got hit by a car.

No comments: