Saturday, May 30, 2009

What I blah blah blah

I do not read enough. I think I read more than the average American, but I read far less than Americans who read.

When vacationing in Maine, I read a book, at least one book. That happens. I can remember titles, and when i remember titles, I usually remember years, and then I remember other things, that have nothing to do with the book, but were then tied with the book.

I read when sitting in the kids' room as they doze off to sleep. I have been reading the Schulz biography for months. A few pages at a time. This is not a good way to read,and its not that it is an uninteresting book, actually the opposite. If I say I have not had time recently, that would be almost true. What I mean is, I do not have the focus or concentration to dedicate to a book, I need those for something else.

Which is not how it is supposed to work, focusing on reading should help me focus on other things. But I am easily distracted. It's all the high fructose corn syrup.

I have returned to What I Talk About When I Talk About Running, which I never really started when I received it during the holidays. I will strive to give that a half-hour a night. If I could work in fifteen minutes of doodling a night, I might be onto something.

Write for an hour in the morning, relax with reading and drawing in the evening. Nice.

Now excuse me, I have to take a run.

Listening to: PODRUNNER Classic - Exultant (152 BPM)

Hey, cool. That one had a piece of Sydney by G&D in it. Knew I'd find them if I went back far enough.

And hey, something I'd forgetten ... Podrunner lets me think! Music with lyrics makes me concentrate on the lyrics! Man, how dumb is it I never figured that out before?

Geez, what a beautiful day.

Am I schizophrenic in here, or is it just us?

Distance: 3.25 miles
Temperature: 67º
Weather: warm & bright
Weight: 155 lbs.

No comments: