Saturday, September 25, 2010

I'm never gonna stop 'til the sun comes up


Thursday was a nightmare. My car does not have air conditioning, and sometimes driving across town (just to work and home - 25 minutes) can leave me exhausted, dehydrated, and sunblind Even gulping a large bottle of water and wearing sunglasses.

I was having migraine symptoms before visiting my physician and obtaining the new medication. But I began it that evening, and was socked with a criminal stab to the face. It was as though my right sinus were closed and my right eye was receiving a terrible, shooting pain.

Yesterday, day two of medication, was spent with my son at home. He had a fever which was occasionally spiking, and I was the victim of a surprisingly tenacious migraine-hangover. By evening things had leveled off, and I felt mostly normal by bedtime. It remains to be seen whether the medication had anything to do with this ordeal.

I have had no alcohol since Tuesday, opting instead to reach for the kettle. This morning I have already had a large glass of water, and coffee, and a slice of bread with sunbutter on it. Now for a lovely run ... right?

PODRUNNER: Sunchaser (169 bpm)

That is an amazing sunrise mix, sir. I will be using that again soon.

Distance: 3.25 miles
Temperature: 62º
Weather: perfect
Weight: 166 lbs.

Bad things currently in my house: ice cream and potato chips. It doesn't matter if I cut the extra calories in beer if I find them somewhere else. The doctor warned me this new medication may cause weight gain - though not nearly as much as previous versions of same.

No comments: