Saturday, March 02, 2013

What is happening in his head?


Last night Jane asked me if I was running. I am thankful that I have the kind of friends who ask. This past week I had three evening performances, leaving me wrecked the next morning, and two afternoon performances, allowing no time to run. And that's it. I would also like to point out that I am not currently overeating, have not been struck by illness, have sustained not injuries either major nor minor, and my voice has not been harmed by either lack of rest or overexertion. I am, by and large, well.

It is good to notice that, when it is true. Lucky, lucky man.

Forecast is that it will remain below freezing until the day the tour ends, on Thursday. Ah, well. No early spring for the outreach tour this year. We heat things up well enough just doing the show.

Temperature: 27°
Climate: wet pavement, snowflakes
Distance: 3.25 miles

The in-between times are killing me. I cannot deal with myself on days like today. Yes, run, okay, when? Now or later? Then what do I do, before, or after? And what about the kids, what are they doing, should I be with them or leave them alone? I should read. Pick things up. Fold laundry. Sit and think. No idea.

So, anyway. Running.

1970 Playlist
Come And Get It - Badfinger
At The Hop (Live) - Sha-Na-Na
Spill The Wine - War ft. Eric Burdon
Immigrant Song - Led Zeppelin
My Sweet Lord - Billy Preston
T.C.B. or T.Y.A. - Bobby Patterson
Go To The Mirror - The Who
Come Together (163 bpm) - The Beatles
Where Do You Go (My Lovely) (175 bpm) - Peter Marstedt

Huh. Most of these songs were actually released in 1969. But not all of them. Wonder how that happened. Anyway, who cares? That's a good mix.

No comments: