Monday, April 22, 2013

God knows where I'm going to.


And then a light switch went on, some time this morning during breakfast, like part of my brain opened up to show me something I had missed.

There was a span of time (it must have been brief) during my run yesterday, that I felt a great sense of calm and joy. There was no past and no future, just an ever-present now, when I was suddenly without care or worry. Not about time or children or work and health or anything. It was all all right. It would be all right.

I saw myself meditating. Investigating Buddhism. Breathing deeply. It felt very good.

Shortly after I forgot all about that. Later, carrying laundry upstairs from the basement I hit my head very hard and that really hurt.

Temperature: 48°
Climate: cool ... but I shouldn't have worn that jacket
Distance: 3.25 miles

1993 Playlist
None Of The Above - Duran Duran 
Jump Around - House of Pain
U Got Me Up - Dajae ft. Cajmere
None Of Your Business - Salt-N-Pepa
There's More To Life Than This - Björk
Hip Hop Hooray - Naughty By Nature
Jump They Say - David Bowie

No comments: