Wednesday, November 04, 2015

Alone above a raging sea.

Melancholy intrudes. What happens when dad comes home and starts dinner and the children all move to their personal spaces in the house and he is left alone to drink beer and listen to all those songs from his adolescence while cooking?

The music did not move me to this mood, I was like this and that drew me to the music. But it was not helpful.

I should be glad, good news is all around. Issue 8 passed and I don't know what would have happened if it had not but it wouldn't have been good. Levies passed, democracy was given another chance (well, Issue 2 doesn't help that department but no one realizes that yet) and the work continues.

Reading great Christmas stories written by Cleveland school kids. Visiting our young actors in schools and enjoying their great work and company. One play is going up this weekend, another is entering the design phase. Today was bright and sunny.

So what gives? No idea. Recently however I have become overwhelmingly preoccupied with the fact that in spite of best intentions I inevitably break everything nice I come into contact with.

A couple of days ago I was in the attic, rooting around in some old papers, and found what was supposed to be an amusing, romantic short story, something I had written over twenty years ago.

It was the saddest thing I ever read.

Distance: 3.4 miles
Avg Pace: 8:13
Route: Boulevard Loop

So, anyway, a run sounded like a good idea. And it felt good, it did, the running. Just not sure what action to take next.

Going to rain tomorrow. Perhaps the last summer day ever.

Temperature: 64°
Climate: warm, humid
Weight: 159.5 lbs.
Mood: not good

Oh, here's a thing. Chris at work reminded me last night that registration for the Turkey Trot would increase today, so I signed up. So that is a good and positive thing.

What's That Lyric?
Just Like Heaven - The Cure

No comments: