Monday, November 16, 2015

You should have been there.

 Big days full of action and wonder.

And yet.

Distance: 3.38 miles
Avg Pace: 8:02
Route: Boulevard Loop

Middle-aged guy, maybe ten years older than I am, flags me down at Taylor and Mayfield. He speaks in a thick accent, he wants to know how far it is around Severance Circle;

"You know, Burger King, that way? One kilo?"

He wants to know kilometers, I say maybe one that way, probably more. Two? Two and a half?

It was friendly, I should have been more helpful. I could have pulled off my phone and figured it out. Still, that raised my spirits.

Remember, never make fun of someone who speaks in broken English, because they know at least two languages.

Temperature: 48°
Climate: cool
Weight: 158 lbs.

... and then I arrived home, and suddenly felt like crying again. Maybe because there was no more running.

What's That Lyric?
You Should've Been There - Marshall Crenshaw

No comments: