Sunday, March 05, 2017

Never want to put my feet back down on the ground.

Dig that little waistline.
Yesterday I'm picking up my son from his music lesson. There's a number of adults waiting for the band to break up. I'm looking at my screen, this guy is sitting at a desk making a note on something. I haven't met him before, but he turns to me and starts a conversation.

He begins, "You look about my age, can I ask you something?" He does look about my age. He wants to know, if it's going to make you hurt, what is the point of exercising? You're going to hurt one way or another.

He says this, and I think of how it pained me to get out of my tiny car, just minutes earlier. I had taken my run, cleaned up, cooled down, got into my car for twenty minutes to pick up the boy, and getting out of that car, yeah, it hurt.

"Some pain is better than others?" I offered.

It's a question.

Distance: 7:50
Avg. Pace: 7:49
Duration: 58:38
Route: Forest Hill/Boulevard/Noble Loop

Anyway, I found out this was not another parent, but my son's new instructor, so that was a cool introduction.

Pavement: dry
Temperature: 27°→32°
Climate: cold, then not-so-cold
Mood: determined

How to crush a sub-freezing Sunday run? College music. Seriously, that playlist is one for the thirty year reunion.

Baseline: 174 lbs.
Today: 163.5 lbs (-1.0)
Goal: 165 lbs.
Ideal: 160 lbs.

Lost ten pounds since New Year's. 160 is ideal.

1987 Playlist [Extended Remix]
I Know You Got Soul - Eric B. & Rakim
Hand To Mouth - George Michael
Never Let Me Dwon Again - Depeche Mode
I Want Your (Hands On Me) - Sinead O'Connor
Hard Day (Shep Pettibone Remix) - George Michael
I Started Something I Couldn't Finish - The Smiths
Rock Steady - Sting
Strange - R.E.M.
My Sister Rose - 10,000 Maniacs
New Sensation - INXS
A Japanese Dream - The Cure
Guns In The Sky - INXS
Rent - Pet Shop Boys
Diamonds - Herb Alpert ft. Janet Jackson & Lisa Keith
Big Love - Fleetwood Mac

Just couldn't stop running. Every song kept pushing me forward.

Now I'm really in pain.

No comments: