Sunday, March 12, 2017

How long can a good thing last?

Pain comes, pain goes, but this ache in my left hip continues and I am taking it a bit easier and I don't like that. Can't tell what's going on here, my entire left leg has been affected this season, from my hip on down. Aggravation.

Distance: .85 miles
Avg. Pace: 8:44
Duration: 7:10
Route: One lap around the block.

And yet. Two days without a run, and my right thigh is doing that thing it does, the burning sensation, when I do not exercise. Can't rest, can't win.

Pavement: dry
Temperature: 23°
Climate: cold
Mood: tired

On top of that, a zipper on the cuff of my cold weather running pants busted. Admittedly, my brother gave me these as a gift well over ten years ago. Still, it was a little depressing. Used rubber bands on the cuff, plan to get new pants tomorrow. Big sigh.

Baseline: 174 lbs.
Today: 164.5 lbs. (-0.5)
Goal: 165 lbs.
Ideal: 160 lbs.

Not feeling it today. Heading out it felt too cold, a light breeze was making my cheeks ache with the cold. Also, my hip started hurting. Also, just felt generally tired. Staying up too late, waking up early. Eff Daylight Saving Time.

The wife wonders if she should be worried. I mean, I am fine, I felt I have pushed myself too hard this winter. Fighting too hard.

1972 Playlist
Pusherman - Curtis Mayfield
Soul Survivor - The Rolling Stones

No comments: