Monday, March 06, 2017

Tears are running.

Forest Hill footbridge (East Cleveland)
Good day! This week I will be managing the @InTheCLE Twitter handle this week, so if you are a tweeter, please check that out. If you are visiting this site because I posted something on #InTheCLE, then welcome.

I am an avid if not always competent runner, and I have used this blog to record every run I have taken since 2006. My dedication in making a blog post, even a brief one, for every run has inspired my running, and vice versa.

Distance: 3.25 miles
Avg. Pace: 8:00
Duration: 26:00
Route: Forest Hill Loop

My favorite route is through Forest Hill Park which borders Cleveland Heights and East Cleveland. One mile, about a mile through the park itself, and one mile back. Soon the green will emerge on the trees, and I can't wait for that.

Pavement: dry
Temperature: 48°
Climate: overcast & cool
Mood: #InTheCLE!

Baseline: 174 lbs.
Today: 162.5 lbs. (-1.0)
Goal: 165 lbs.
Ideal: 160 lbs.


Finally, at the start of every calendar year I make my way through the terrible weather (when there used to be terrible weather) by running to playlists from every year I have been alive, and then some. Today we will be listening to the sweet summer-of-love sounds of 1967.

1967 Playlist
Lies - The Knickerbockers
Easy Rider * - Big Brother & The Holding Co.
Ain't Got No - I Got Life - Nina Simone
People Are Strange - The Doors
Hip Hug-Her - Booker T. & The MG's
Here Comes My Baby * - Cat Stevens
Little Games - The Yardbirds
Blindman - Big Brother & The Holding Co.
Somebody To Love - Jefferson Airplane
Boogaloo Down Broadway - The Fantastic Johnny C
All Tomorrow's Parties * - The Velvet Uniderground & Nico

Actually, Lies is from 1966, but I only just discovered that one. No doubt people were still listening to it a year later. But, oh, that Nico-inspired sprint! I wonder where all that BPM was coming from with just four people there

No comments: