Monday, June 25, 2018

While running on empty.

We eat a lot. We drink a lot. We also exercise, do stretches. Sit in the sun, and in the shade, and read and write. Games are played, more drinks are made. Groceries are shopped for, and forgotten beach items. Iced coffee is greedily consumed, with or without alcohol added. Storms roll in, and out again. We stay up late, make love, and if we're lucky, we run on the beach.

An entire vacation is had, all on a Sunday. What else will the week bring?

Distance: 2 miles
Pace: 8:40
Route: North Topsail Beach
Temperature: 78•
Climate: hot & sunny
Mood: good

With shoes this time, did not wish to tax my feet -- nor my back. With shoes I stood straighter. Felt good. Wind in my face heading south (9:04 pace) at my back heading home (8:15). Sun on my face heading back, too, but that was lovely.

Complete round of stretches after, including the plank. Eating so much crap this week, I'd love to hold some of it in, if only to make it into my shorts.

Exercises: yes!

Those don't sound like stretches, the wife observes. They sound like exercises. And indeed they do. She invited me on a walk on the beach, I hadn't even gotten out of my kit, but I wasn't wearing my shoes. Perfect! Walking down stairs, however, my thighs were trembly. That is what we are working on.

The walk was relaxing, investigating tide pools, conversing with seabirds. Time now to write, time to read. Time for nothing at all.

What's That Lyric?
Cigarettes & Chocolate Milk - Rufus Wainwright

No comments: