Sunday, June 24, 2018

Don't like to feel out of control.

Two days on the road, I was able to drive and be a passenger without much discomfort. There was six of us in a borrowed van (many thanks to Kelly and Josh, we would have had to take separate cars otherwise) bringing the kids and a friend each back to Topsail Beach.

They have not been in two years. I have not been in three. Last year there was, as they say, "too much going on." The yer before I went to Alaska, and could not afford to spend so much of the summer away from the office.

Barefoot running is something I have not tried in a while. I decided to take it easy this morning, so as not to tear up my feet. The girls did last night, they said they must have run two miles, if they went to the pier and back.

I have been much more diligent in the new exercises I have been recommended by my chiropractor, but they do take a lot out of my thighs. So? Muscular, sore thighs.

Distance: 1 mile
Route: Topsail Beach
Temperature: 80•
Climate: hot & sunny
Mood: all right

Good run, a little pain in my left hip. It can be a bit of an obstacle course, avoiding shells, moving to the appropriate sand consistency, hardness. There's a lot of weaving, it's a trial. One mile, that's enough. I can already feel microabrasions in my soles.

So now what do we do? Read in the sun, I think. Who knows?

What's That Lyric?
Just a Ride - Jem

No comments: