Monday, April 22, 2019

I'm a walking disaster.

Tonight, Chennelle, Josh and I met at Christopher's Pub (my new local joint, join me for live music every Friday and Saturday night) to discuss the show. Why, how, and when. Also, who. That is an interesting question.

Where, too. Someone's house? How many nights? Not sure. That's why beer.

So. We have set a date to hear the last version, out loud. Someone else reading, so I can hear it. Then a timetable for writing. This is going to happen now. And that is why I needed to run at nine PM.

Saturday:
Breakfast: coffee with cream, sour cream doughnut
Lunch: ramen with a poached egg
Snack: clementines, chocolate chip cookies (two), beer
Dinner: roasted artichokes with lemon butter, chickpeas with marjoram, fingerling potatoes

Sunday:
Breakfast: coffee with cream, fried egg sandwich with cheese
Snack: “ants on a log”, coffee with cream, two Twizzlers, hummus & crackers (3), beer
Dinner: lamb, asparagus, cauliflower & farro, salad with strawberries, potatoes & peas
Dessert: ice cream & cookies

Sunday, a holiday, I went a bit overboard. Yes, dessert. Yes, some (not much) of the sugar that came our way because Easter Bunny. But having some just makes me want more.

Monday:
Breakfast: coffee with cream, 1 cup raisin bran with 2% milk, add'l raisins, dried cranberries, salted almonds & banana
Snack: coffee with cream
Lunch: grilled cheese, tomato & tortellini soup (cup), small brownie
Snack: tea w/ sugar & cream, cinnamon butter crackers, salted almonds, raisins and pear slices
Beer: beer
Dinner: tomatoes and chickpeas over rice

Distance: 3.35 miles
Route: Boulevard Loop
Temperature: 58°
Climate: cool and dark
Mood: better

Brisk, cool spring run. First nighttime outdoor run, like this, in shorts and short sleeves, in how long? Something else. Few people on a Monday night, lots of critters. Two dog walkers, two skunks. What's the difference, really?

1981 Playlist
Apache - The Sugarhill Gang
Rehumanize Yourself - The Police
Demolition Man - Grace Jones
The Jam Was Moving - Deborah Harry
My Own Way (Noght Version - Duran Duran
Primary - The Cure
Upstairs * - Sparks

It was a good day, but painful. A lot of sitting, I felt it in my rear and in my hip. I wanted to run. That is why I ran. Also, training. Also, spring.

Baseline: 179.5 lbs.
Today: 180 lbs. (+0.5)
New Goal: 175 lbs.

This will take more concentration and dedication. I feel fine -- until I am not. Being hungry also makes me tired, unhappy, irritable. Today was good, I hope tomorrow will also be. But I must remain diligent. Strong. Dedicated.

No comments: