Tuesday, April 16, 2019

I will shrink and I will disappear.

It was my intention to be fighting weight by the time we entered rehearsals for King Lear at the end of this month, and who knows? While I may not shed twenty pounds by then, I may in fact shed ten. How much of what I am carrying is fat, how much water, how much rotten food?

Yesterday was one of concentrated not eating. Not grabbing a handful of whatever, cookies at the office, nuts at home, chips as the corner store. None of the snacks sitting bagged at the end of the counter, I should throw those out, no one needs those. None of us.

Distance: 1 mile
Route: Rec Center
Mood: decent

Breakfast: coffee with cream, rice with soy sauce, banana
Lunch: Two soft tacos (shredded chicken, ground beef, fillings), chips with salsa & queso
Snack: Beer
Dinner: Cheesy tuna noodle casserole (with peas, mushrooms), wine

Brief run at the rec center, much to do today, and yesterday took a lot out of me with the sudden drop in caloric intake. Did you see my diet yesterday? That was half of the calories I usually consume, and you will notice it was still high in fat, salt, and sugar.

So, brisk run to take me on my way. I didn't like the music of 2011 much, anyway.

Baseline: 179.5 lbs.
Today: 181 lbs. (-3.0)
Goal: 180 lbs.

That's not three pounds lost weight. That's three pounds I did not eat yesterday.

2011 Playlist
Somebody That I Used to Know - Gotye
Lotus Flower (Jacques Greene Rmx) - Radiohead

If I gain weight tomorrow, it's because of Taco Tuesday and it's totally Jeremy's fault.

Visit my Team Challenge Crohn's & Colitis page and support my bid for the Chicago Marathon!

No comments: