Monday, April 15, 2019

So good to me.

Good Lord, what a mess. It's been a busy week, with many appointments, commitments, social gatherings, productions, responsibilities, and on and on. Waking every morning early to read an entire play (that's a thing I do in April) then onto work -- which should lighten up a bit, as our spring production just closed.

Still. The girl had a cast party for her high school production at our house, which was fine. Even the scaffolding and odd piles of masonry placed about the yard (as we have our chimney and other point work redone) did not prevent us from having a fire in the backyard ... but it left us with bottles of soda, bags of snacks and a lot of leftover pizza.

I'd like to say that yesterday was the only day I consumed three or more time my daily allotment of calories. I neglect to pack my lunch and end up buying something highly caloric, then there are the social meetings in bars and restaurants, two of those this weekend. Also, more than my normal share of drinking. And ice cream. Ice cream? Yes, somehow I feel justified in just stopping somewhere to get an ice cream cone.

So, what's it going to be? Four years ago I had a pre-diabetic scare and brought my weight to a reasonable 155. Now I am wearing stretchy jeans and even bought a new, huge belt. This is not good for my frame. It doesn't work. I cannot maintain this. I have got to deal with being a little hungry and choosing better food to eat.

Distance: 2 miles
Route: Rec Center
Mood: all right
Exercises: yes

So, its been a week and my calf is fine. Kinks here and there, in my ankle, my knee, these came and went. I think I'm okay. That was a pain. Also, the weather can't decide what it wants to be -- which sucks because guys started working on the house on Saturday and I don't know when the fuck they'll be back. This afternoon, cross my fingers.

Anyway, here's the scoop. More reporting on my diet -- which only works if I run often enough that this blog doesn't become just a menu.

Breakfast: coffee with cream, rice with soy sauce.
Mid-morning: More coffee with cream.
Lunch: Meatless lasagna (modest portion), salad, satsuma.
Snack: Small dish of almonds & dried cranberries. And one beer.
Dinner: Fried pierogies with sauerkraut, applesauce & sauteed onions, roasted broccoli and cauliflower with Parmesan. Also, one chocolate chip cookie (which I made.) 

1966 Playlist
I'm a Believer - The Monkees
Pushin' Too Hard - The Seeds
Monday, Monday - The Mamas & The Papas
And Your Bird Can Sing- The Beatles
The Big Bright Green Pleasure Machine - Simon & Garfunkel
Sometimes Good Guys Don't Wear White - The Standells
You Keep Me Hangin' On - The Supremes
Wack Wack - Young-Holt Trio
She Said She Said - The Beatles
Function at the Junction - Shorty Long

Cooldown:
Bus Stop - The Hollies

Baseline: 179.5 lbs.
Today: 184 lbs. (+3.0)
New Goal: 180 lbs.

That's right. Now I just want to be below 180. Jesus.

Visit my Team Challenge Crohn's & Colitis page and support my bid for the Chicago Marathon!

No comments: