Monday, April 01, 2019

So there we both were in that little house.


Recently Albumbism held a readers poll and Walking Wounded was declared the best Everything But the Girl album of all time. I would have said Amplified Heart, but no one really has favorites among children.

Distance: 3.5 miles
Duration: 33 minutes
Route: Rec Center
Mood: decent
Exercises: No.

Nineteen Ninety-Six was the year of settling in. My new girlfriend had moved to Cleveland and we were childless and animated. Everything But the Girl has played Cleveland exactly once and we were there, at the Odeon in the Flats. We stayed behind after to meet the band. God they were lovely and I wanted to take them home with us.

1996 Playlist - or - "Walking Wounded" by Everything But the Girl
Before Today (Adam F Remix)
Wrong
Single
Walking Wounded
Flipside
Big Deal
Mirrorball

Brisk run, quick breaks for water. Ran out the (abridged) album. Feel good, running fast. I still hurt, perhaps I always will hurt. But can I maintain, can I ignore, can I concentrate on what is relevant? Breathe, be here now. There will always be pain. Stand tall. Accept.

I have started reading Zen Mind, Beginner's Mind. Yes, I may follow this path.

Baseline: 179.5 lbs.
Today: 181.5 lbs. (-0-)
Goal: 175 lbs.

Visit my Team Challenge Crohn's & Colitis page and support my bid for the Chicago Marathon!

No comments: