Tuesday, April 23, 2019

I gotta run, run. Yeah.

Life is like a box of timelines. Ya feel me?
When I was a teenager there was this bumper Jeff and Flash would play on WMMS, maybe at 7:00 AM or something, an early morning, upbeat motivational track.

The bumper consisted of little snippets of songs that references waking up, like "woke up ... got out of bed" from A Day In The Life. I can't remember any of the other ones right now.

Except I only recently learned what the first one was, the bit opened with a guy singing, "gotta get up --" and then it was onto the next clip.

It's from Gotta Get Up by Nilsson. It only took three deaths for me to make the connection.

Tuesday:
Breakfast: coffee with cream, one egg omelet with a slice of buttered seed toast
Snack: Coffee with cream, cornbread muffin
Lunch: Chips with salsa & queso, soft tacos (two) with grilled chicken & chorizo
Cocktail: Old fashioned
Dinner: mac & cheese, roasted asparagus and carrot with onion and garlic

Ay! El Queso!

Distance: 3.35 miles
Route: Boulevard Loop
Temperature: 51°
Climate: cool!
Mood: all right

Another nighttime run. Didn't think I'd go the whole route, but hey. However, two nights in a row, charging through the neighborhood, now my left knee, left shin, right calf all hurt a little. I walked the last half block. Got to be careful. No injuries. Not just when the weather is getting nice.

1971 Playlist
Gotta Get Up - Harry Nilsson
Strawberry Letter 23 - Shuggie Otis
Roundabout - Yes
Jeepster - T. Rex
"Buy The World a Coke" Commercial
Bitch - The Rolling Stones
I Feel the Earth Move - Carole King

Baseline: 179.5 lbs.
Today: 179 lbs. (-1.0)
Goal: 175 lbs.

This is challenging. Bouncing into and out of the 180 territory. It's mental. Yesterday I was eating the chips and very consciously eating them and there was a certain "fuck you, I'm gonna eat these" mentality to it, and that's where the danger lies.

Tomorrow will be interesting. I think I will be hungry and I am not looking forward to it.

Sugar is the devil. Don't play with sugar.

No comments: